Last year had its ups and downs in my life. Not that its uncommon, but mine tended to fluctuate a little more between the extremes than I would have liked them to. Today my grandmother passed away. To say this year isn’t off to an exemplary start is an understatement. But there is a lot of time left and who knows how things are going to go from here. There’s a lot I’d like to see come of this year and I’m going to have to really put my mind to it to make it all work.
With that said I thought maybe I’d make a little list, mostly for myself, so that at the end of the year I can look back and see exactly what I managed to accomplish.
- I need to write more. I’ve fallen out of the habit and I’d really like to get back in to it. The end of 2009 I actually made some headway so I want to ride that momentum through 2010 and have something to show for it.
- In the vein of the above, I want to focus more on this blog. Maybe give it some actual focus, but for now I’ll just settle for getting in to a routine of regular posting.
- Finish painting the inside of the house, remodeling the home office, getting the nursery ready, and fixing up the sun room so its actually usable for this year.
- While I’m most likely not going to be looking for full time work I’d like to find something part time, or at least get some freelance writing and/or computer consulting gigs going to start bringing in a little bit extra – especially with the baby due in March.
- I’d like to get back in to painting Warhammer miniatures. I don’t know if I’ll actually get back in to play Warhammer at all, but I always found the painting relaxing and it would be great to get back in to that habit as well. Hobbies have been sorely lacking in my life the last several years.
- Finish cleaning the basement. It’s chaos down there but this is totally doable. I managed to clean the one part in only a couple of days, so taking care of the rest can be done with a week of solid work on it.
- Finally, I want to get the hang of catching passed on the back hand in hockey. That’s going to be my one developmental skill to work on with the rest of this season.
I don’t know how much of this I’ll accomplish, but all of it is absolutely doable. I just need to find a little more routines in my life to get the creative energies going and to chase away the blahs that haunted me through most of 2009.
So here we go 2010 – stumbled at the start and fell flat on my face, but let’s see if I can’t pick myself back up and fight my way back in to the thick of things.